So, you’ve been dreaming of a monogrammed handkerchief forever? Us, too!
Good news: you’re almost there. Just follow the simple instructions below and we’ll embroider your fave hanky asap and mail it to you. And, if you have any questions or special requests, please don’t hesitate to email us!
1_ Choose the right handkerchief
First, browse our selection of handkerchiefs and choose one (or more) hankies by adding them to your cart. We highly recommend opting for two-ply handkerchiefs. Why? Because you’ll see the back of the embroidery on single ply handkerchiefs – and the result isn’t as neat. That being said, if you really want a single ply monogrammed hanky, we’ll make it work. You’ll just see your initials spelled backwards on the reverse.
2_ Add the extra charge for embroidery
Back to this page! Add as many extra charges as the number of handkerchiefs you’d like embroidered with your initials. That’s right, the option is valid for ONE handkerchief! No worries if you want five different monogrammed handkerchiefs, we’ll get to that in a minute. Read on!
3_ Select thread colour for each extra charge (if they vary)
The dropdown menu gives you the option of selecting:
- Tone on Tone embroidery: this means that the colour of the embroidery thread will match the main colour of the fabric. For instance, if you choose a black handkerchief and select “tone on tone”, we’ll make an all-black monogrammed handkerchief with black thread on black fabric.
- Topstitching or Hem embroidery: this means that the colour of the embroidery thread will match the rolled hem or the topstitching thread colour. For instance, if you choose Dwight, we’ll embroider your initials with red embroidery thread, to match the red topstitching.
- Other embroidery: this means that you want to pick another thread colour completely! That’s all good, just include your instructions in the purchase note as you checkout. A little advice from our designers though: sometimes, too much doesn’t make for a very nice result… Less is more! So, unless you’re opting for a very sober handkerchief, we recommend you keep the number of different colours to a minimum!
4_ Tell us what you want!
Now, it’s time to tell us what you want! As you check out, include your instructions in the purchase note. Don’t forget to tell us:
- The thread colour you want if you’ve selected “other” previously
- Your initials (2-3 letters tops!)
- Any specific combination, for instance: “TG” on the Louise handkerchief and “MP” on the Samuel Handkerchief.
No stress! Simply email us, we’re happy to help you create the monogrammed handkerchief of your dreams. Or, read on for some of your FaQs!
> Where will you embroider the monogrammed handkerchief?
Good one. Typically, we like to embroidery the lower, right-hand corner and in order to do so, we re-locate the TSHU tag to the left-hand side. Yep, you’re more important than our brand.
> Are all monogrammed handkerchiefs made on demand?
Yes! We don’t make them beforehand, as we need to place the TSHU tag accordingly – and, in the case of two-ply handkerchiefs, we like to embroider the initials before putting the handkerchief together, so you can’t see the back of the embroidery.
> Can I see examples?
Sure thang. We have quite a few photos of monogrammed hankies we can send you. Tone on tone, embroidery thread matching the rolled hem, embroidery placement. If you need to see more, just ask.
> Do you take special requests?
Yes again! We do. You can create your own customized handkerchief and email us for any special projects or requests. If we can accommodate you, we’ll be happy to oblige!