Yayoi Kusama is a Japanese artist that I adore. Her work is incredibly charged and speaks to her childhood trauma and anxiety in particular. The white polka dots on a red background, found in many of her works, are a reference to Japanese culture – the taste for harmony and the love of round shapes.
Why YAYOI is THE one
She just manages to make you feel like going green isn’t a compromise—it’s a choice. A really good one.
How she feels
She feels like the thick, fancy table linens you find in 5-star hotels.
How she serves
Soon, you’ll be wondering how you ever left the house without her. Hell, if I leave the house without my hanky, I actually feel naked!
And now, every time something happens, like
🤧 Your nose runs
😭 You get emotional
💦 You spill something
🥐 You need to set down your croissant
🙊 Your child is leaking
Or anything else life throws at you…
You’ll be ready. SO ready.
The nitty-gritty technical stuff
- Fabric: 100% oeko-tex certified cotton polin, lined with white organic cotton sateen
- Plies of fabric: two
- Thickness: thick
- Absorbency: high
- Dimensions : 4 sizes to choose from, including small (20 x 20 cm), standard (28 x 28 cm), large (34 x 34 cm) and extra large (40 x 40 cm)
You got this… And we got you.
First, congrats on using reusable handkerchiefs. 👏🏻 I know it’s not a big commitment really, because they’re so amazing that they actually make blowing your nose a fun experience—but hey, you are doing a good deed for our planet and that’s something to be proud of. So kudos on making your daily life that much greener.
While we’re on the subject of waste reduction, you might enjoy learning that to boost your good deed, we also commit to planting a tree every time you take a hanky home with you. Isn’t that awesome? 😍
Caring for Yayoi
I’ve got a whole article written down for you with detailed instructions on how to care for your handkerchiefs so they’ll last a long time, but in a jiffy:
👉🏻 wash it with cold to lukewarm water (snot melts at approximately 30 degrees, which is the temperature I would recommend
👉🏻 dry in open air (it will last longer that way)
In any case, know that this handkerchief is made to last. I know you’re like me and you hate cheap stuff—so I promise, this one should be around for a while.
More about inviting hankies in your daily life
If you like to be in the know, you might enjoy these few blog posts on using handkerchiefs:
- How many handkerchiefs do you need?
- What’s the best handkerchief for blowing your nose?
- What are handkerchiefs made of?
- How to use a handkerchief?
These guys and gals adore TSHU 🥰
You know I stand behind the products I make, so it’s kinda nice to learn what other people think of them too. I hate to see you leave, but if you’re curious, you can check out our reviews on Trustpilot right here!
I’m an email away.
There are no dumb questions and I’m always happy to help… So feel free to write if there’s anything on your mind!
Still looking for your dream handkerchief?
Learn more about handkerchiefs
If you’d like to learn more about hankies, you can also download my complete handkerchief guide right here: DOWNLOAD YOUR GUIDE
Why should you buy your handkerchiefs from TSHU?
- I work only with high quality materials, which I pre-wash and test myself before putting them out in the world (and I have high standards!)
- TSHU’s been around for 10 years now and I pride myself on offering excellent service to my beloved customers
- Still hesitant? Check out our reviews here on the website (in the footer or for individual products) or on Etsy! I’m pretty sure they will convince you that this is truly the best handkerchief out there.